Funender.com's Final Fantasy
It is currently Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

RPG Game · RPG Shop · RPG Bank ·  RPG Ebay · RPG Farm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:23 am 
Ultima Weapon
Ultima Weapon

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership

Group:
A World of Cultures
In Review
Kindness Counts
Rare Hunters
Roleplayers
World Domination
Registered users

Cash on hand:
[ Donate ]
Class: Priest
Level: 31

Items
Cauldron Tip Secret 9 Bizzare Horn Thanksgiving Turkey Gift - Christmas Present 2006 Brumos Phone Card
more...
Well said. Although if people can continuously watch shows like DBZ and Naruto, I can bet they will easily sit through any 30 hour movie.
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TuentiShare on SonicoShare on FriendFeedShare on OrkutShare on DiggShare on RedditShare on DeliciousShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace

You are the Starlight Destroyer (星光の殲滅者): Polite, calm and logical...
...But nevertheless extremely dangerous!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:24 am 
Sephiroth Clone
Sephiroth Clone

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership

Group:
A World of Cultures
AWOL
Forever Night
Funender Garden
In Review
Justice Knights
Roleplayers
Sakura no Ai
Two Heads, No Heart
Vongola
World Domination
Magazine Staff
Registered users

Cash on hand:
[ Donate ]
Class: Wizard Knight
Level: 60

Items
Gift - Christmas Present 2007 Award - Master Wizard Antidote MP Expander Gift - I'm A Survivor!
more...
if it was split up
like DBZ or naruto XD
...hopefully it would need less fillers too XD

Image<from rukie

Image < from shandy

Aruko wrote:
Though seriously if Im out walking around in the night to ASDA with the pedo/rapist/murderer/psycho of questionable sanity vampy....who do I have to be afraid of? XD

Kuro Ryu wrote:
A warlock? Arc? ... I've heard weirder things about you to be fair actually XD

crazed4now wrote:
Arc's children would be the spawn of satan.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:25 am 
Ultima Weapon
Ultima Weapon

Group:
A World of Cultures
In Review
Kindness Counts
Rare Hunters
Roleplayers
World Domination
Registered users

Cash on hand:
[ Donate ]

Items
Cauldron Tip Secret 9 Bizzare Horn Thanksgiving Turkey Gift - Christmas Present 2006 Brumos Phone Card
more...
you mean about 1/3 od it being "previously" and "next time"? Yes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:25 am 
Ultima Weapon
Ultima Weapon

Group:
A World of Cultures
AWOL
Forever Night
Funender Garden
HellBlazers
In Review
Kindness Counts
Sakura no Ai
Magazine Staff
Registered users

Cash on hand:
[ Donate ]
Class: Sniper
Level: 18

Items
Phoenix Down Homing Arrow Shield Brace Dragon Robe Antidote
more...
I dunno I just have a hard time beliving anyone is sitting for a whole 30 hours watching one thing...I just think there would have to be breaks in there...and Im not talkin about like bathroom breaks...Im sayin like some serious hour breaks in there XD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:27 am 
Highwind
Highwind

Group:
A World of Cultures
HellBlazers
In Review
Sakura no Ai
Registered users

Cash on hand:
[ Donate ]
Class: Swordsman
Level: 19

Items
Hero Drink Polished Blade Fairy Tear Hydraulic Fluid Crescent Moon Dance
more...
Lucky Star wrote:
Well he did say it was just a review on the first 5 hours.

I don't know, I can name a couple of games where I found nothing good in.

i can't XD wait i can :? but for some reason i can't remember the name XD

it's not about how long he talks about good things, it's the lack of good things that make me think it's a bad review, if there was only ONE good thing then that'd be ok. when writing/makin/recording/whatever-ing a review which will be watched by ppl who want to know whether the game is good or not, yes you need to have finished the game to know what things are ok and which aren't, and you need to point out good as well as bad things, so that the viewer/reader can measure them together and have good bases to decide whether to buy it or not....makes it sound like marketing strategy, but i think it should be you offering a valid opinion to the public

then again, i can't understand how he couldn't find a good thing on the first 5 hours :? perhaps it's silly, but i loved when lightning hit sahz XD maybe it's not a valid point *shrug*
and maybe it was because i didn't get the game right away, but since i'd been watching trailers and that, i was trying to figure out the story...turns out i was wrong on every thing i guessed XD so it made the game quite interesting *shrug* for me at least, it was interesting right from the beginning

pssst, i'm not mad btw XD

there are more things i wanted to say but i already forgot -.-

Death_Penalty wrote:
You eminate not only beauty, but a distinct knowledge of the inner workings of the mind, that even the greatest scholars on earth would be envious of. You walk on the water of life on the shoes of perfection and cast aside the sheer idiocity of the masses of inferiority

Do you like Japanese stuff, no matter how insane? Then join Sakura no Ai ^^ throw me a PM and I'll gladly add you ^_~

check my deviantart account? ^^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:34 am 
Ultima Weapon
Ultima Weapon

Group:
A World of Cultures
In Review
Kindness Counts
Rare Hunters
Roleplayers
World Domination
Registered users

Cash on hand:
[ Donate ]

Items
more...
Aruko wrote:
I dunno I just have a hard time beliving anyone is sitting for a whole 30 hours watching one thing...I just think there would have to be breaks in there...and Im not talkin about like bathroom breaks...Im sayin like some serious hour breaks in there XD
Well, there is an event called the 30 hour famine where students starve themselves for 30 hours to get a feel of what really poor people in africa go through. And if there was a Nanoha Marathon on, I'd sit for 30 hours. ( ̄▽ ̄)ノ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:38 am 
Sephiroth Clone
Sephiroth Clone

Group:
A World of Cultures
AWOL
Forever Night
Funender Garden
In Review
Justice Knights
Roleplayers
Sakura no Ai
Two Heads, No Heart
Vongola
World Domination
Magazine Staff
Registered users

Cash on hand:
[ Donate ]

Items
Gift - Christmas Present 2007 Award - Master Wizard Antidote MP Expander Gift - I'm A Survivor!
more...
30 hours of fasting would probably make you too tired and lazy to focus on a movie for 30 hours and sure some people MIGHT or COULD watch it that long if they wanted
but the majority would not and only int hose circumstanced you would watch it for 30 hours straight ?XD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:39 am 
Ultima Weapon
Ultima Weapon

Group:
A World of Cultures
AWOL
Forever Night
Funender Garden
HellBlazers
In Review
Kindness Counts
Sakura no Ai
Magazine Staff
Registered users

Cash on hand:
[ Donate ]

Items
more...
I'd say a 30 hour starve yourself session is a little different then a 30 hour movie but whatever XD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:41 am 
Highwind
Highwind

Group:
A World of Cultures
HellBlazers
In Review
Sakura no Ai
Registered users

Cash on hand:
[ Donate ]

Items
more...
-.- i think i could...not that i'd want to, but i've spent longer than that in front of a computer working on assignments -.-
and yeah, playing video games too xD though i'd do that anytime ^^ if i only didn't need sleep -.-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:42 am 
Sephiroth Clone
Sephiroth Clone

Group:
A World of Cultures
AWOL
Forever Night
Funender Garden
In Review
Justice Knights
Roleplayers
Sakura no Ai
Two Heads, No Heart
Vongola
World Domination
Magazine Staff
Registered users

Cash on hand:
[ Donate ]

Items
more...
you COULD
but you wouldnt XD
why are we talking abotu this anyway?
the main point is
the dude made a rant ( an uninformed rant since he opnly played 5 hours and had to stretch)
but a rant none the less
NOT
a review XD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:06 am 
Sphere Hunter

Group:
A World of Cultures
AWOL
In Review
Sakura no Ai
Vongola
World Domination
Magazine Staff
Registered users

Cash on hand:

Bank:
[ Donate ]
Class: Robot
Level: 10

Items
Phoenix Down Sawed Off Shotgun Hydraulic Fluid Healing Heaven Antivirus Protection
more...
The point of the "30 hour movie" thing was just to compare it to "average" movies, in attempt to display my point, if things don't get interesting within a decent amount of time, people will lose interest. That's just how things are. And 5 hours, the average time of other games, is more than past that point. One of the biggest parts of storytelling is the hook, you have to get the audience's attention or their going to leave. Games follow this same trend, if the player is not intrigued within a certain time frame, they will stop playing. Games are intended to be interesting and entertaining, and having to go through 6-10 hours of BS to get to the interesting and fun parts is not worth it when you could just go buy a different game.

I bow to you -bows- Lord of the dead. Giver of things.
And boners.
Mostly boners.
Trooper wrote:
And remember, follow your heart and it'll lead you to where you need to be, reasons be damned.
Thanatos121 wrote:
So she rapes a guy, then he goes limp, and she takes that as not being loved, so she kills him and takes his ****, and then she psychotically pets the **** "you'll always love me..."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:11 am 
Sephiroth Clone
Sephiroth Clone

Group:
A World of Cultures
AWOL
Forever Night
Funender Garden
In Review
Justice Knights
Roleplayers
Sakura no Ai
Two Heads, No Heart
Vongola
World Domination
Magazine Staff
Registered users

Cash on hand:
[ Donate ]

Items
more...
i fount it funi didnt have his problem and there WAS story in the first 5 hours anyway but he himself said he didnt like rpgs and he is mostly complaing about the points that make it an rpg and mentions nothing good it is still not valid as a review of the game or the first 5 hours as a whole XD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:15 am 
Ultima Weapon
Ultima Weapon

Group:
A World of Cultures
In Review
Kindness Counts
Rare Hunters
Roleplayers
World Domination
Registered users

Cash on hand:
[ Donate ]

Items
more...
I guess Final Fantasy 13 was made for people who are already used to long stories in games such as people who have already played the previous Final Fantasies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:49 am 
Highwind
Highwind

Group:
A World of Cultures
HellBlazers
In Review
Sakura no Ai
Registered users

Cash on hand:
[ Donate ]

Items
more...
wow, you guys must've hated ff7 then, and most ff that took more than 5 hours to complete XD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:00 am 
Ultima Weapon
Ultima Weapon

Group:
A World of Cultures
AWOL
Forever Night
Funender Garden
HellBlazers
In Review
Kindness Counts
Sakura no Ai
Magazine Staff
Registered users

Cash on hand:
[ Donate ]

Items
more...
Anubis13 wrote:
The point of the "30 hour movie" thing was just to compare it to "average" movies, in attempt to display my point, if things don't get interesting within a decent amount of time, people will lose interest. That's just how things are. And 5 hours, the average time of other games, is more than past that point. One of the biggest parts of storytelling is the hook, you have to get the audience's attention or their going to leave. Games follow this same trend, if the player is not intrigued within a certain time frame, they will stop playing. Games are intended to be interesting and entertaining, and having to go through 6-10 hours of BS to get to the interesting and fun parts is not worth it when you could just go buy a different game.

I know what your point of the 30 hour thing is...thats why I compared it to a novel....and like arc said there is a story within the first 5 hours. Do you find out everything? No of course not but you still know who the people are....or at least you think you know who they are...and you know whats going on....you just dont have all the answers and your not supposed to.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next