Funender.com's Final Fantasy
It is currently Sat May 23, 2015 12:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

RPG Game · RPG Shop · RPG Bank ·  RPG Ebay · RPG Farm

Post subject: PS3: Maintanence costs
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:51 pm 
True RPG Fan

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Group:
World Domination
Registered users

Cash on hand:
[ Donate ]
Class: Hero
Level: 22

Items
Bizzare Horn Antidote Gift - Christmas Present 2005 FFVII Game For The PC Brumos Repel
more...
if the $600 sticker wasn't bad enough.
http://www.newlaunches.com/archives/son ... etails.php
$80 a year for 4 hours a day.

it scares me to see those numbers as my computer draws more power.

to compare. the 360 has an average of $20 a year of power consumption with the same 4 hours/day

also mind you those 4 hours/day are only counted within games, browsing the web or just hanging on the dashboard consumes MUCH less power. the exact amount is unknown (maybe 10%?)

this DOES kinda take away the 360's $50 for 12 months of XBL comparison thing though. (or 13 months+XBLA games+200ms points+headset for $60)
then again if you don't pay the power bill.. just don't tell your parents, guardian, or whomever pays the power bill.

power and $$ consumption will vary depending on location. it would seem that $80 a year would be the extreme. but a more realistic $50 a year might be true as well (which would make the 360 cost about $70 a year for XBL subscription+power) but again this only makes a difference if you pay the power bill.
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TuentiShare on SonicoShare on FriendFeedShare on OrkutShare on DiggShare on RedditShare on DeliciousShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace

My Blog Book:
The Adventure Story of Ene

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:10 pm 
Emerald Weapon
Emerald Weapon

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Group:
Justice Knights
Two Heads, No Heart
Funender Support
Registered users

Cash on hand:
[ Donate ]
Class: Sniper
Level: 70

Items
Bizzare Horn Gift - Christmas Present 2005 Inferno Thanksgiving Turkey Gift - Christmas Present 2006
more...
wouldnt sony try and remedy this problem 6 or so months after the launch, much like updates with the 360 and changing parts for the newer models.
undoubtably the system would be better if they made a smaller version like the ps2 slim.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:04 pm 
Avalanche Member

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership

Group:
Chocobo Trainers
Kindness Counts
Rare Hunters
Registered users

Cash on hand:
[ Donate ]
Class: Mage
Level: 26

Items
Gift - Christmas Present 2006 Award - Master Wizard Power Water Protect Milk Free T-Shirt
more...
i agree with seifer they would if those are the costs

always on the lookout for more rares. pm me if you have any for sale. ill see if my prices are in your range :P rares i want:mako test tube

[align=center] *Points forward into the air*
To The Tavern
[/align]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:38 am 
True RPG Fan

Group:
World Domination
Registered users

Cash on hand:
[ Donate ]
Class: Hero
Level: 22

Items
Bizzare Horn Antidote Gift - Christmas Present 2005 FFVII Game For The PC Brumos Repel
more...
seifer wrote:
wouldnt sony try and remedy this problem 6 or so months after the launch, much like updates with the 360 and changing parts for the newer models.
undoubtably the system would be better if they made a smaller version like the ps2 slim.

maybe 4 years into the launch yes.

infact the xbox 360 is doing it this month with the new processor that uses about 40% less power.

and once sony and IBM figure out how to accurately make the Cell processor. they can develop it on a 60nm chipset and also cut power costs.

unfortunately. as with both consoles. those of us who buy it at launch are stuck with power-hungry hogs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 2:13 pm 
Avalanche Member

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership

Group:
Chocobo Trainers
Kindness Counts
Rare Hunters
Registered users

Cash on hand:
[ Donate ]
Class: Mage
Level: 26

Items
Gift - Christmas Present 2006 Award - Master Wizard Power Water Protect Milk Free T-Shirt
more...
isn't that true ^_^