RPG Game · RPG Shop · RPG Bank · RPG Ebay · RPG Farm

Top Sponsor of the Month
There are currently no sponsors for this month. Click here to become the first! Become a Sponsor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home -> Funender.com's Final Fantasy Forum -> The Lounge
Motorcycle license -
  View previous topic :: View next topic :: Jump To Bottom 
 User is Offline T-Rex   Post Posted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:26 pm
Emerald Weapon

Liked Posts: 0

Usergroups:
Funender Support
Justice Knights
Two Heads, No Heart

18076959 Gil

Class: Sniper
Level: 70

Items
Bizzare Horn Gift - Christmas Present 2005 Inferno Thanksgiving Turkey Gift - Christmas Present 2006
more...

Motorcycle license

Well, ive always wanted to get my license but the thing that always stopped me was the fact that I dont really know anyone that does ride to let me prctice once i got the permit and and then let me take the road test soon after.

well, i had some down time today and i know motorcycles get really good mpg and with the rising gas prices i said why not look into it (i know a couple bikes that are good for norml riding and highway and get around 70 mpg... pretty much awesome)

so checking out the dmv near me you get some stuff to take the test, youve got 90 days to study and blah blah blah. not worried, then you have 20 or so days to take a road test which is a bummer. buuut if you opt to take a Motorcycle safety education program, they will waive the driving course completely and bam, you have a motorcycle license. they supply a bike and helmet, all i would have to bring is:

# Federal DOT approved helmet (helmets will be provided for Basic courses)
# Eye protection
# Long-sleeved shirt and long pants (torn or ripped clothing not permitted)
# Full-fingered gloves without holes (leather is preferred)
# Shoes that cover the ankle without heels
# Rain gear (if necessary)

Im pretty excited and just thought id share for anyone that always wanted to do this but thought they didnt have the means.
 Login to like this post  

Want psychedelic pop music? Clicky Clicky!

Personal Photo Album View user's profile
 User is Offline Mabus   Post Posted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:06 pm
Elite Soldier

Location: Are you really sure that a floor can't also be a ceiling?

Usergroups:
Sakura no Ai
Two Heads, No Heart

1066 Gil

Class: Ninja
Level: 42

Items
Antidote Brumos Repel Angel Tear Gift - Christmas Present 2005 Ninja Vanish
more...

Up here in Canada my friend got his M1 (beginners license) for Motorcycles. All he had to do was take a written test and he is now able to drive a Motorcycle. He can't have a passenger or drive between something like 8:0pm and 6:00am. To get his M2 all he has to do is take a practical test. Then he has to get hi full M license. It's all kinda complicated here in Ontario.
 Login to like this post  

RIP Kurt von D. Father figure to me, friend, and all around good human being. (July 22nd, 2010).
~~
Reverse patronizing = troll lol
~~
If today is all we see, then tomorrow seems to me
Is just and illusion we believe.
~~
You should try and click a couple ads on Funender each day to generate some revenue.
~~
 User is Offline T-Rex   Post Posted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:56 pm
Emerald Weapon

Usergroups:
Funender Support
Justice Knights
Two Heads, No Heart

18076959 Gil

Class: Sniper
Level: 70

Items
Bizzare Horn Gift - Christmas Present 2005 Inferno Thanksgiving Turkey Gift - Christmas Present 2006
more...

Mabus wrote:
Up here in Canada my friend got his M1 (beginners license) for Motorcycles. All he had to do was take a written test and he is now able to drive a Motorcycle. He can't have a passenger or drive between something like 8:0pm and 6:00am. To get his M2 all he has to do is take a practical test. Then he has to get hi full M license. It's all kinda complicated here in Ontario.

well by the sound of it, the m1 license is the equivilant to a motorcycle permit here in the states, where you have to be accompanied by another person (on another bike) and no passengers and the time restraints as well. after a certain amount of time you would normally take a road test and then youd have your full motorcycle license for 4 years. then you gotta renew it for like $20
 Login to like this post  

Want psychedelic pop music? Clicky Clicky!

User is Offline Mabus   Post Posted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:05 pm
Elite Soldier

Location: Are you really sure that a floor can't also be a ceiling?

Usergroups:
Sakura no Ai
Two Heads, No Heart

1066 Gil

Class: Ninja
Level: 42

Items
Antidote Brumos Repel Angel Tear Gift - Christmas Present 2005 Ninja Vanish
more...

This is what M1 licence is in Canada

Class M1

New motorcycle riders with a Class M1 licence learn to ride under these four conditions:

your blood alcohol level must be zero;

you must ride only during daylight hours (1/2 hour before sunrise to 1/2 hour after sunset);

you must not ride on highways with speed limits of more than 80 km/h except highways 11, 17, 61, 69, 71, 101, 102, 144, 655;

you cannot carry passengers.

After you pass a motorcycle knowledge test, you will get a Class M1 licence and an information package for new riders. You must spend a minimum of 60 days with a Class M1 licence, which is valid for 90 days.

Motorcycle riders who successfully complete an approved motorcycle safety course that includes a road test with an M1 licence are exempt from taking the ministry's M1 road test and can move to an M2 licence after 60 days. If you complete an approved safety course in either level, you can reduce the time that you must hold an M2 licence from 22 to 18 months. While the motorcycle safety course certificate is valid for two years from its issue date, it may only be used for the M1 road test exemption within six months of its issue date.
 Login to like this post  

RIP Kurt von D. Father figure to me, friend, and all around good human being. (July 22nd, 2010).
~~
Reverse patronizing = troll lol
~~
If today is all we see, then tomorrow seems to me
Is just and illusion we believe.
~~
You should try and click a couple ads on Funender each day to generate some revenue.
~~
 User is Offline Gazzala   Post Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:31 am
Ultima Weapon

Liked Posts: 6

Usergroups:
Rare Hunters
Two Heads, No Heart
Vanya's Army

20962688 Gil

Class: Thief
Level: 13

Items
Shining Sword Silk Whip Handkerchief Free Hat God Tear
more...

thats awesome news seifer...
Best of luck to you! Very Happy
 Login to like this post  

pimp No place safe from random conversationalism

Selling All Doubles.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home -> Funender.com's Final Fantasy Forum -> The Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
| View your watched topics | Jump To Top

Jump to: