RPG Game · RPG Shop · RPG Bank · RPG Ebay · RPG Farm

Top Sponsor of the Month
There are currently no sponsors for this month. Click here to become the first! Become a Sponsor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home -> Funender.com's Final Fantasy Forum -> Final Fantasy XIII Fans
Job levels -
  View previous topic :: View next topic :: Jump To Bottom 
 User is Offline Pendy   Post Posted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:35 am
True Fan

Liked Posts: 0

Usergroups:
None

50893 Gil

Class: Mage Knight
Level: 5

Items
Trashcan Lid Tonka Helmet Cotton Robe Medical Herb Antidote
more...

Job levels

Heres one thats been puzzling me... you get to a point in the crystarium, and you get a role level up. You think 'yaaaay'. then you think, 'so what does this do?'

Basic point- i'm clueless as to what role levels actually do in this. What do they actually improve? Or are they just trophies, as if to say 'yaaay i got to level 4'.
 Login to like this post  

3nfy wrote:
its like a normal conversation with arc sauce splashed all over it lol
 User is Offline FinalMike   Post Posted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:52 am
Ragnarok

Usergroups:
AWOL
Forever Night
Rare Hunters

1775672 Gil

Class: Paladin
Level: 35

Items
Antidote Phoenix Down Bright Honey Mimett Green Protect Milk
more...

they increase stats of the role its for
for example sentinel with every role crystal increases defence for sentinel and party
 Login to like this post  
 User is Offline Mabus   Post Posted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:02 pm
Elite Soldier

Location: Are you really sure that a floor can't also be a ceiling?

Usergroups:
Funender Royal Court
Sakura no Ai
Two Heads, No Heart

972 Gil

Class: Ninja
Level: 42

Items
Antidote Brumos Repel Angel Tear Gift - Christmas Present 2005 Ninja Vanish
more...

When you are making your Paradims and your inputting jobs, look at what it says about the job your clicking on (somewhere near bottom of the screen). This is what role levels do.

Just as what Mike said above.

If you have 2 Lv.5 Medics it increases what the base amount that cure (or whatever is used) is done. If you only have 1 I think you only get the base amount.

That is why when your trying to debuff a monster it is better to have 2 SABs on than 1 because your chance for a debuff to stick is high with 2 SABs based on role level.
 Login to like this post  

RIP Kurt von D. Father figure to me, friend, and all around good human being. (July 22nd, 2010).
~~
Reverse patronizing = troll lol
~~
If today is all we see, then tomorrow seems to me
Is just and illusion we believe.
~~
You should try and click a couple ads on Funender each day to generate some revenue.
~~
Personal Photo Album View user's profile
 User is Offline Thanatos121   Post Posted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:59 pm
Sphere Hunter

Liked Posts: 16

Usergroups:
A World of Cultures
AWOL
Funender Royal Court

3715 Gil

Class: Robot
Level: 10

Items
Phoenix Down Sawed Off Shotgun Hydraulic Fluid Healing Heaven Antivirus Protection
more...

Much like Mabus said, every role has a passive ability that affects your entire party. Commandos increase damage output, Ravagers increase chain gauge activity, Medics increase how much healing the party receives (From ANYTHING mind you, I think this even includes elemental damage that you absorb), Sentinels reduce how much damage the party receives, Saboteurs increase that chance for your party's debuff attacks to succeed, and Synergists increase the duration of your party's buffs.

When you increase your Role Level, this bonuses become more powerful. So a lvl 2 Sentinel will cause the party to take even less damage than a lvl 1 Sentinel would. If you were to put a lvl 2 Sentinel and a lvl 1 Sentinel in the same party, their effects would stack together, further reducing damage dealt. This is the point of the three Medics paradigm.

Also, all of these effects apply to the character more than their party members. So the Commando ability that increases damage output, increases the Commando him/herself more so than the other party members. The Medic will be healed for yet more than the others.

So a Ravager increases how much of the chain gauge they effect, as well as applying a lesser amount to their party members. Three Ravagers would each benefit from their own Role Level, in addition to the other two's. At Role Level 5, a Ravager increases his/her chain boost by 3%, and his/her allies chain boost by 0.3%. So three level 5 Ravagers would each get +3.6% chain boost. I'm fairly certain that these percentages are how much chain you get with each attack, so every hit would add an additional 3.6% to the chain gauge. Now this doesn't seem like much, until you account for your ATB bars. During post-game (the only time you could have lvl 5 Ravagers) your characters have either 5 or 6 ATB bars, dependent on whether or not you have their ultimate weapons equipped. With 6 ATB bars, you can multiply the bonus by 6, because you're most likely going to be using 1ATB attacks in order to fill the chain gauge faster. This makes for 21.6%. This, multiplied by 3 (because you have 3 party members) makes for 64.8%. This is one round of attacking, that's absurd. Now then, this is all calculated under the assumption that the enemy has no chain resistance, because I have no idea how that crap equates.

This applies to every Role, so three Commandos would pump out ridiculous amounts of damage, three Sentinels would be freaking invincible, three Saboteurs would never fail, three Synergists would cause your buffs to last a ridiculous amount of time, and three Medics would be able to heal each other for insane amounts.
 Login to like this post  

Thanatos121 wrote:
Celebi is like a trophy wife. She's nice to show off to your friends about how awesome you are at catching the good ones, but she really can't do jack **** other than look pretty.
Trooper wrote:
And remember, follow your heart and it'll lead you to where you need to be, reasons be damned.
Thanatos121, during a conversation with Ging about the Zombie Apocalypse wrote:
That's my plan for the zombie apocalypse: steal a tank, attach jets, pick up Tsuki, fly to the moon.
If zombies cant get to you in the ocean there's sure as hell no way they'll get us on the mother****ing moon.
Thanatos121 wrote:
So she rapes a guy, then he goes limp, and she takes that as not being loved, so she kills him and takes his ****, and then she psychotically pets the **** "you'll always love me..."
 User is Offline Kuro Ryu   Post Posted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:16 pm
Ragnarok

Liked Posts: 15

Usergroups:
A World of Cultures
Forever Night
Funender Royal Court

3905998 Gil

Class: Hero
Level: 17

Items
Besaid Sword Iron Helmet Herbal Pill Antidote Dark Mirror
more...

Although it's surprising the difference one sentinel can make. I was caught of guard manys a time whilst having snow sentinel for a while and changing him to commando or ravager for a quick blitz and the attacks that had previously been barely scratching my other characters were now taking huge chunks from their life.
 Login to like this post  

<- thanks rukie =)

Arc wrote:
HE HAS RISE FROM THE DEAD!
...jesus?o.0
jesus got mad bass playing skills XD
 User is Offline Thanatos121   Post Posted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:41 pm
Sphere Hunter

Liked Posts: 16

Usergroups:
A World of Cultures
AWOL
Funender Royal Court

3715 Gil

Class: Robot
Level: 10

Items
Phoenix Down Sawed Off Shotgun Hydraulic Fluid Healing Heaven Antivirus Protection
more...

Kuro Ryu wrote:
Although it's surprising the difference one sentinel can make.

Sentinels reduce damage by a percentage. One max level Sentinel will reduce the damage your party members take to 86%. So if they previously would have taken 10,000 damage from an attack, they will now take 8,600. It makes a HUGE difference. Also, a max level Sentinel will only take 50% damage, so that 10,000 damage would be reduced to 5,000. This is also without taking Fringeward into account. I'm not sure how much damage it reduces, but in my experience it covers a good 40-65% of it. So if said 10,000 damage attack were an area of effect attack, I'd approximate that your other characters would take between 2,000 to 4,000 from it. I know this is a large range, but I haven't been able to pin down just how powerful Fringeward is, and I have a weapon on Snow that enhances it and Deathward.

However, because of the way the Sentinel calculations work, their effects stacking have diminishing returns. With two of them, they will reduce damage dealt to the last party member to 86%, then 86% of the remaining, so they will not reduce damage to 72% (which would be the result of adding the two missing 14%s together), but instead to 73.96%. So that 10,000 damage attack would now deal 7,396. This really isn't a big deal, but it's noteworthy for those who intend on abusing effect stacking.

Edit: I forgot to mention the effects that two sentinels would have upon each other.

Alone, each Sentinel is reducing his/her damage to 50%. Then when you add the 86%, you get 43%. So your 10,000 damage attack is now doing 4,300 damage to your Sentinel. I'm unsure as to how Fringeward works between multiple Sentinels, so I won't try to break it down until I get some more solid numbers to work with, other than my own personal guesses.
 Login to like this post  

Thanatos121 wrote:
Celebi is like a trophy wife. She's nice to show off to your friends about how awesome you are at catching the good ones, but she really can't do jack **** other than look pretty.
Trooper wrote:
And remember, follow your heart and it'll lead you to where you need to be, reasons be damned.
Thanatos121, during a conversation with Ging about the Zombie Apocalypse wrote:
That's my plan for the zombie apocalypse: steal a tank, attach jets, pick up Tsuki, fly to the moon.
If zombies cant get to you in the ocean there's sure as hell no way they'll get us on the mother****ing moon.
Thanatos121 wrote:
So she rapes a guy, then he goes limp, and she takes that as not being loved, so she kills him and takes his ****, and then she psychotically pets the **** "you'll always love me..."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home -> Funender.com's Final Fantasy Forum -> Final Fantasy XIII Fans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
| View your watched topics | Jump To Top

Jump to: