Funender.com's Final Fantasy
It is currently Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

RPG Game · RPG Shop · RPG Bank ·  RPG Ebay · RPG Farm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:20 pm 
Avalanche Member

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Group:
Item Warriors
Rare Hunters
Registered users

Cash on hand:
[ Donate ]
Class: Robot
Level: 1

Items
Thanksgiving Turkey Boss Item - Order Of Joining IPod Mini Advent Children DVD Protect Milk
more...
Only reason I haven't played FFX was because it didn't really "entice" me with trailers or any game play I've seen. I guess the concept of it all just sort of bored me, but now the only way I'm going to get to play it is if I waste $15 on it.
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TuentiShare on SonicoShare on FriendFeedShare on OrkutShare on DiggShare on RedditShare on DeliciousShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:23 pm 
True Fan

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Group:
Registered users

Cash on hand:
[ Donate ]
Class: Monk
Level: 3

Items
Wendigo Al Bhed Potion Spell - Flee Bronze Knife Mesh Glove
more...
cecil the paladin wrote:
FFVII was a great game when it came out, now reduced to sequel games that are nowhere near as good as the original. Final Fantasy was a great series before Square Soft became Square Enix. Once that happened, originality took a steep fall. Instead of really good new FF games, we get stuck with things like FFXII and remakes of remakes of old FF games.

Enix just doesn't know how to leave something the way it is. Sure, we can appreciate FFIII, as it had never left Japan before the DS remake, but even though I was excited, do we really need a 3rd remake of FFIV?

As for the remake of FFVII: I doubt it would be bad at all on the DS, the DS has turned out some really nice looking games, and could easily make FFVII's graphics better. The only problem is, Enix likes to add to and change something that is just fine, so FFVII would most likely be ruined no matter what new system they released it on. For all old FF games, I say just let them be. Every FF game has reentered the spotlight at least once, and it is time to stop remaking and changing them, and to release something original and spectacular.

In conclusion, I say no to an FFVII remake, as chances are, Enix would manipulate and ruin it. Let all FFs be and focus on the future.

Dear God Almighty, FINALLY someone who agrees with me!

Cecil The Paladin, I am now your biggest fan.

Lost Odysee seemed to be a pretty awesome game. The "Immortal" thing just rubbed me the wrong way YET, it seemed to add a lot of depth to the game's battle system as opposed to some Final Fantasies, in which a regular 17 year old KID could end up beating millions of trained soldiers *COUGH* Final Fantasy XII *COUGH* Gosh...catchin' a cold in here...close the windows plz!

Although Cecil, you should -definately- play Final Fantasy X. Believe me when I say it can not be compared to pieces of steaming.........marshmellow like Final Fantasy XII. Not only the storyline is amazing, the gameplay is actually very addictive (CAN, however, get repetitive with the occasional grindfest)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:58 pm 
Avalanche Member

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Group:
Item Warriors
Rare Hunters
Registered users

Cash on hand:
[ Donate ]

Items
Thanksgiving Turkey Boss Item - Order Of Joining IPod Mini Advent Children DVD Protect Milk
more...
Riku wrote:

Dear God Almighty, FINALLY someone who agrees with me!

Cecil The Paladin, I am now your biggest fan.

Congratulations, you're my first fan!

Riku wrote:
Although Cecil, you should -definately- play Final Fantasy X. Believe me when I say it can not be compared to pieces of steaming.........marshmellow like Final Fantasy XII. Not only the storyline is amazing, the gameplay is actually very addictive (CAN, however, get repetitive with the occasional grindfest)

I'll keep that in mind then, I guess I really haven't heard anything actually bad about the game, so it should be worth giving it a shot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:08 pm 
True Fan

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Group:
Registered users

Cash on hand:
[ Donate ]
Class: Monk
Level: 3

Items
Wendigo Al Bhed Potion Spell - Flee Bronze Knife Mesh Glove
more...
cecil the paladin wrote:
Congratulations, you're my first fan!

Y'know what? I'm even gonna put THAT on my signature!

cecil the paladin wrote:
I'll keep that in mind then, I guess I really haven't heard anything actually bad about the game, so it should be worth giving it a shot.

My point exactly. And hey, when all else fails, you can always return it and claim "damaged disk".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:23 am 
Ragnarok
Ragnarok

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Group:
AWOL
HellBlazers
Registered users

Cash on hand:
[ Donate ]
Class: Hero
Level: 17

Items
Herbal Pill Gift - Christmas Present 2007 Free T-Shirt Recovery Herb Bizzare Horn
more...
Thats true if you get it form gamestop and you don't like it you don't even have to claim damaged disk just say the game sucked (which worked when I got Ephemeral Fantasia)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:27 pm 
Avalanche Member

Group:
Item Warriors
Rare Hunters
Registered users

Cash on hand:
[ Donate ]

Items
more...
Gamestop happens to be where I get most of my games.
One time I returned a game right after buying it, because I saw something else I wanted for cheaper.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:09 am 
Ragnarok
Ragnarok

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership

Group:
A World of Cultures
Forever Night
Roleplayers
Sakura no Ai
Two Heads, No Heart
World Domination
Registered users

Cash on hand:
[ Donate ]

Items
Besaid Sword Iron Helmet Herbal Pill Antidote Dark Mirror
more...
hmm what happened to FINAL fantasy being FINAL as in once its over that's it...the end ... just a thought

Arc wrote:
HE HAS RISE FROM THE DEAD!
...jesus?o.0
jesus got mad bass playing skills XD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:29 pm 
Ultima Weapon
Ultima Weapon

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership

Group:
In Review
Rare Hunters
Sakura no Ai
Vanya's Army
Registered users

Cash on hand:
[ Donate ]
Class: Thief
Level: 33

Items
Gift - Christmas Present 2007 Command Materia Door To Tomorrow FL Studio Bright Honey
more...
For the most part, they're not on the same storyline. This means that it is the "final" chapter in the storyline of the games. Obviously, the ones with follow-ups (VII, X, XII, TA) are exempt from that. Personally, I think that the follow-ups are all pretty poor and are just there to milk some more money out of the people who go mad for anything with the words "final" and "fantasy" on them.

Arc wrote:
i can see lj possibly really finding excitement in killing or torturing someone

square_fan wrote:
Like Robin Williams once said.."I haven't seen LJ around in awhile....WTF IS HE PLANNING?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:06 am 
Avalanche Member

Group:
Item Warriors
Rare Hunters
Registered users

Cash on hand:
[ Donate ]

Items
more...
What, you're saying that making 3 (or 2) different games branching off of the FF7 storyline was a bad idea? The worst part is, no matter how bad the games actually are, there will be the super fanboys who trick themselves into thinking it was worth the $50 they just wasted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:09 pm 
Ultima Weapon
Ultima Weapon

Group:
In Review
Rare Hunters
Sakura no Ai
Vanya's Army
Registered users

Cash on hand:
[ Donate ]

Items
Gift - Christmas Present 2007 Command Materia Door To Tomorrow FL Studio Bright Honey
more...
From Square's point of view they're not a bad idea. It's just milking the money out of the fanboys/girls. From a buyer's point of perspective I'd say they're not worth the money.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:25 pm 
Ragnarok
Ragnarok

Group:
A World of Cultures
Forever Night
Roleplayers
Sakura no Ai
Two Heads, No Heart
World Domination
Registered users

Cash on hand:
[ Donate ]

Items
Besaid Sword Iron Helmet Herbal Pill Antidote Dark Mirror
more...
strangely enough though the film that branches from final fantasy is really good and is worth the money you pay for it, strange that huh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:19 pm 
Ultima Weapon
Ultima Weapon

Group:
In Review
Rare Hunters
Sakura no Ai
Vanya's Army
Registered users

Cash on hand:
[ Donate ]

Items
more...
Not really. It's okay, bordering on good, but it's clearly just there to milk more money out of FF VII. They just introduced three enemies who didn't even have the slightest hint of existence in the original game and threw Sephiroth in towards the end so the fan girls who worship him as their "bishie" will also pay for it as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:25 pm 
Ultima Weapon
Ultima Weapon

Group:
A World of Cultures
AWOL
Forever Night
Funender Garden
HellBlazers
In Review
Kindness Counts
Sakura no Ai
Magazine Staff
Registered users

Cash on hand:
[ Donate ]
Class: Sniper
Level: 18

Items
Phoenix Down Homing Arrow Shield Brace Dragon Robe Antidote
more...
I agree with Lord J. It was enjoyable but I didnt really view it as anything particularly special. The plot involved in it was no where near as good to the kind of thing you had in the game. If they had spent that kind of time on it Im sure it would have been wonderful...although a real nice plot might require the movie to be longer and I dunno if the people at square are willing to spend the time and money to make a full length movie look that pretty XD People ripped it off the shelves as it was so I suppose it doesnt make much difference to them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:45 pm 
Avalanche Member

Group:
Item Warriors
Rare Hunters
Registered users

Cash on hand:
[ Donate ]

Items
more...
Agree with J and Aruko here. Advent Children was good, not great, but that is more than I can say for the sequel and prequel games. The movie was praised and bought up quickly because it is FF. If it was something nobody had ever heard of, barely any copies would have sold.
Sephiroth and Cloud are two of the most popular, over used and over praised characters ever.

FFVII just needs to be hit with the de-popularity stick.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:59 pm 
Paladin

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Group:
Registered users

Cash on hand:
[ Donate ]
Class: Paladin
Level: 15

Items
Brumos Repel Apollon Axe Diamond-Tipped Spear Herbal Pill Phoenix Down
more...
Rumour....