RPG Game · RPG Shop · RPG Bank · RPG Ebay · RPG Farm

Top Sponsor of the Month
There are currently no sponsors for this month. Click here to become the first! Become a Sponsor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home -> Funender.com's Final Fantasy Forum -> Final Fantasy XIII Fans
Convuluted? I thinks so! Funnyness too! -
  View previous topic :: View next topic :: Jump To Bottom 
 User is Offline Mabus   Post Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:00 pm
Elite Soldier

Liked Posts: 0

Location: Are you really sure that a floor can't also be a ceiling?

Usergroups:
Sakura no Ai
Two Heads, No Heart

1074 Gil

Class: Ninja
Level: 42

Items
Antidote Brumos Repel Angel Tear Gift - Christmas Present 2005 Ninja Vanish
more...

Convuluted? I thinks so! Funnyness too!

Quote:
"Square Enix has gone PC. On the first day of the show, the Japanese game publisher announced that Final Fantasy XIII is coming to PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 (in Europe and North America only) and PC. During a press conference following the Microsoft event, Final Fantasy XIII Producer Yoshinori Kitase discussed the new development strategy that Square Enix has taken with its upcoming games.

Aside from the new The Last Remnant game, which is being created for Xbox 360 and PS3 using Epic Games’ Unreal Engine 3 externally, all new internally-developed games from Square Enix, including Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy XIII Versus, and an untitled new massively multiplayer online game, utilize the new PC-based Crystal Tools development environment. These tools allow development teams to create cross-platform games.

“The content will be the same on all platforms,” said Kitase. “However, we have yet to determine how many discs will be required for the 360 version. We’ll have to consider the differences between formats. Currently the game is being built on PC, where it’s actually functional. We’re still focusing on making it work on PS3, so it’s difficult to know how long the process of taking it to 360 will take.”

Thanks to the new PC development platform, Kitase added, “Now that we’re developing on a PC base, the pace is going a bit faster,” Kitase said. “We haven’t introduced new footage of the game, but we should be able to show something new in the near future.”

Square Enix showed the beautiful pre-rendered trailer for Final Fantasy XIII at the end of the Microsoft press conference. The publisher has a big event scheduled for Tokyo next month where the first new information will be revealed on all Final Fantasy titles. Previously, the publisher released its online game, Final Fantasy XII, on Xbox 360 and PC."

http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_e30802_home.html
(Couldn't get this link to work anymore?(article quoted from the above site))

Made on PC, ported to PS3 then ported to 360 (If what they mentioned was true later on since this is from July 2008 (PS3 version ported to 360)? A little convuluted no?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Another funny thing... Thanks to 2ch for the pics

The capacity of a Blu-ray disc is 25GB for a single layer, 50GB for dual layer, whilst a single layer DVD is 4.7GB and a dual layer one 8.5GB. Unfortunately, the Xbox 360 only has a DVD drive... Here is an artists rendition of what the Xbox version of FFXIII (being that the demo was 5 GB in size)

Conservative Guess
Hidden: 

[/IMG]
20 Discs (Which is about 3 Dual layer Blu-ray discs and 1 single layer Blu Ray and that's if they use dual layer DVD's)

Realistic Guess
Hidden: 

(Didn't even count or try and do the math...)

With the size of games ever increasing, suddenly the economy of including a standard DVD drive does not seem so wise. Much disc-swapping appears to be on the horizon…
 Login to like this post  

RIP Kurt von D. Father figure to me, friend, and all around good human being. (July 22nd, 2010).
~~
Reverse patronizing = troll lol
~~
If today is all we see, then tomorrow seems to me
Is just and illusion we believe.
~~
You should try and click a couple ads on Funender each day to generate some revenue.
~~
Personal Photo Album View user's profile
 User is Offline Trooper   Post Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:18 pm
Avalanche Member

Usergroups:
Chocobo Trainers
Justice Knights
Kindness Counts

0 Gil

Class: Thief
Level: 2

Items
Gift - Christmas Present 2005 Spell - Flee FL Studio Free T-Shirt IPod Mini
more...

I'd freakin buy the brick, lol.
 Login to like this post  

From the windows! to the walls!

FuNEnD3R wrote:
Trooper has been appointed Secretary of Curses effective January 20th, 2009.
 User is Offline Tsuki   Post Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:03 pm
Highwind

Liked Posts: 2

Usergroups:
A World of Cultures
HellBlazers
In Review

27511 Gil

Class: Swordsman
Level: 19

Items
Hero Drink Polished Blade Fairy Tear Hydraulic Fluid Crescent Moon Dance
more...

awesome! XD too bad i'm not interested in buying a 360 XD ps3 all the way! XD
 Login to like this post  

Death_Penalty wrote:
You eminate not only beauty, but a distinct knowledge of the inner workings of the mind, that even the greatest scholars on earth would be envious of. You walk on the water of life on the shoes of perfection and cast aside the sheer idiocity of the masses of inferiority

Do you like Japanese stuff, no matter how insane? Then join Sakura no Ai ^^ throw me a PM and I'll gladly add you ^_~

check my deviantart account? ^^
 User is Offline Mabus   Post Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:35 am
Elite Soldier

Usergroups:
Sakura no Ai
Two Heads, No Heart

1074 Gil

Items
more...

Tsuki wrote:
awesome! XD too bad i'm not interested in buying a 360 XD ps3 all the way! XD

Amen to that sister! Especially since they all went down in price and the new slimline PS3 is out. $299 for a PS3 is not a bad investment at all seeing as you also get a capable BluRay disc player, internet browser (bad one but still it's there) and free online play (even though people bash the whole non-dedicated servers).
 Login to like this post  

RIP Kurt von D. Father figure to me, friend, and all around good human being. (July 22nd, 2010).
~~
~~
~~
You should try and click a couple ads on Funender each day to generate some revenue.
~~
 User is Offline Egam_Krad   Post Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:18 am
Avalanche Member

Usergroups:
A World of Cultures
AWOL
In Review

9973 Gil

Class: Mage
Level: 20

Items
Frostbit Staff Shield Brace Award - Top Sponsor Bright Darkness Invisibility Robe
more...

LMFAO I couldn't stop laughing at those pictures.
But yeah I completely think it should never have even been considered to be on the 360 in the first place.

In a way because I hate pretty much everything about the 360. But also because of the fact that they'd have to really dumb down FF13 on the ps3 Just to be able to transfer it to the xbox in the first place...

Actually I believe I heard somewhere that it was mentioned at the E3 Convention that Square announced that 13 was gonna be a ps3 exclusive after all... but I guess it was just a rumor...
 Login to like this post  

Illiterate? Write for free help!

Death_Penalty wrote:
Note to all: HAHAHA i am in love with edam. He and i shall be wed on the next moon of flareys de-pantsing.

slayker wrote:
oh and by crush, if it's more then a crush ( Like egam and DP) it still counts.... (to me them two are... in hardcore love)
 User is Offline Mabus   Post Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:54 am
Elite Soldier

Usergroups:
Sakura no Ai
Two Heads, No Heart

1074 Gil

Items
more...

Egam_Krad wrote:
LMFAO I couldn't stop laughing at those pictures.
But yeah I completely think it should never have even been considered to be on the 360 in the first place.

In a way because I hate pretty much everything about the 360. But also because of the fact that they'd have to really dumb down FF13 on the ps3 Just to be able to transfer it to the xbox in the first place...

Actually I believe I heard somewhere that it was mentioned at the that Square announced that 13 was gonna be a ps3 exclusive after all... but I guess it was just a rumor...

Only in Japan, in english speaking countries (USA, Canada, maybe Britain). It is on both Xbox and PS3...
 Login to like this post  

~~
~~
~~
~~
 User is Offline Alerion   Post Posted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:50 am
SeeD Candidate

Usergroups:
World Domination

204614 Gil

Level: 16

Items
Nitro Katana Armada Doppleganger Recovery Herb Heaven's Tear
more...

Yeah I feel sad for Microsoft. I own a new 360 hardware version, too bad it still got the DVD drive stuck there, but hey, PS3 slim is out, maybe the new Xbox will have something that will surprise us? A new drive, better than blu-ray?
 Login to like this post  

We wish...

---
 User is Offline Alerion   Post Posted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:51 am
SeeD Candidate

Usergroups:
World Domination

204614 Gil

Level: 16

Items
Nitro Katana Armada Doppleganger Recovery Herb Heaven's Tear
more...

Yeah I feel sad for Microsoft. I own a new 360 hardware version, too bad it still got the DVD drive stuck there, but hey, PS3 slim is out, maybe the new Xbox will have something that will surprise us? A new drive, better than blu-ray?
 Login to like this post  

We wish...

---
 User is Offline Egam_Krad   Post Posted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:03 pm
Avalanche Member

Usergroups:
A World of Cultures
AWOL
In Review

9973 Gil

Class: Mage
Level: 20

Items
Frostbit Staff Shield Brace Award - Top Sponsor Bright Darkness Invisibility Robe
more...

Mabus wrote:

Only in Japan, in english speaking countries (USA, Canada, maybe Britain). It is on both Xbox and PS3...

I'm not suprised, after all, the japanese aren't really that fond of the 360.

Well at least versus won't need any kind of dumbing down...
 Login to like this post  

Illiterate? Write for free help!

Death_Penalty wrote:
Note to all: HAHAHA i am in love with edam. He and i shall be wed on the next moon of flareys de-pantsing.

slayker wrote:
oh and by crush, if it's more then a crush ( Like egam and DP) it still counts.... (to me them two are... in hardcore love)
 User is Offline Thanatos121   Post Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:38 pm
Sphere Hunter

Liked Posts: 19

Usergroups:
A World of Cultures
AWOL
In Review

3410524 Gil

Class: Robot
Level: 10

Items
Phoenix Down Sawed Off Shotgun Hydraulic Fluid Healing Heaven Antivirus Protection
more...

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!
I feel sorry for anyone who buys this for the 360 and attempts to play it...

10 hours into the game...
*PLEASE INSERT DISC 17*
Five minutes later....
*PLEASE INSERT DISC 18*
"GOD DAMNIT! I JUST SWITCHED DISCS BEFORE THAT CUTSCENE! SERIOUSLY WTF!?"
*GAME OVER*
"...."
*Loads data*
*PLEASE INSERT DISC 13*
".... Mad"
 Login to like this post  

Thanatos121 wrote:
Celebi is like a trophy wife. She's nice to show off to your friends about how awesome you are at catching the good ones, but she really can't do jack **** other than look pretty.
Trooper wrote:
And remember, follow your heart and it'll lead you to where you need to be, reasons be damned.
Thanatos121, during a conversation with Ging about the Zombie Apocalypse wrote:
That's my plan for the zombie apocalypse: steal a tank, attach jets, pick up Tsuki, fly to the moon.
If zombies cant get to you in the ocean there's sure as hell no way they'll get us on the mother****ing moon.
Thanatos121 wrote:
So she rapes a guy, then he goes limp, and she takes that as not being loved, so she kills him and takes his ****, and then she psychotically pets the **** "you'll always love me..."
 User is Offline Stappy   Post Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:31 am
Omega Weapon

Usergroups:
Chocobo Trainers
Funender Support
In Review

17726791 Gil

Class: Priest
Level: 27

Items
Angel Tear Award - Master Mage Award - Master Monk Award - Master Ninja Award - Master Thief
more...

Haha. It would look good on the dvd cabinet. I don't like the sound of "on XBox 360 in Europe and North America only...."
 Login to like this post  

*~Rose wrote:
Is it fate that everything out of Stappy's mouth is awesome? XD

STAPPY'S PODCAST
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home -> Funender.com's Final Fantasy Forum -> Final Fantasy XIII Fans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
| View your watched topics | Jump To Top

Jump to: